Thursday, July 19, 2012

"WILL THE REAL JESUS PLEASE STAND UP"



With so many false "Jesus' out there which one is the real one and what are his authentic marks?


I want to tell you a story that happened to Ravi Zaharias.(for those of you that don’t know that name He’s a famous defender of the Christian Faith His ministry reach has expanded 7 continents ) . He tells this story in his book titled “Why Jesus” About going to a mall in Jakarta, So picture all these stores right next to each other. He walks into a jewelry store and the owner of the store sells “knock off brand watches” He told Ravi, “If you were wearing a rolex watch I would tell you to put in in your pocket because My fakes are so close to the real thing you won’t be able to tell the difference between mine and the real thing!” Then Ravi asked...”How are you even allowed to manufacture these?" Then the store owner became angry. He said.." my fakes are much better than the other store a few doors down. His are the fake, fakes! But mine are the best quality!" Then Ravi Zacharias said..."Let me get this straight... You believe that your fakes, are the best of the fakest of the fakes out there?”


This artical is by no means an exhaustive treatment on Christ but more a pragmatic and philosophical look into a little of Christ's nature!

You know, I think this is exactly the case here in the West with churches. Which if any, represents the Christianity as it really is? Which is the fake, and which ones real? And what are the Identifying marks of its authenticity? How have we allowed them to manufacture this message and pass it off as the real one? Seems like a lot of churches you walk into are all about smoke and mirrors. Some churches don't even read from the bible at all. One church that I heard of preaches sermons most Sundays, on popular Christian books instead of Scriptures.



Will the real Jesus please stand up!



In Revelation: 3 “And to the angel of the church in Sardis write: ‘The words of him who has the seven spirits of God and the seven stars.
“‘I know your works. You have the reputation of being alive, but you are dead. 2 Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God. 3  Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you.

Who will be able to save you from God?

To the Church of the Laodiceans

14 “And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write: ‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation.
15 “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot.I Would rather that you were either cold or hot! 16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. 17  For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.

19.Those whom I love, Look how lovely and awesome God/Jesus is here. To whom I love...After all that, He loves us! Amazing God! Those whom I love I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent
Jesus is responding to the Laodiceans. Most all scholars agree this is the universal church of lazy people selfish people.  

Jesus is reminding us that our Reputations and what people think of us are not going  to save us. (Why do we care about our reputations?)   He says to these people, That they are “wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. 
 
John is recording this and He says Christ says, He’s going to come against The Laodiceans. Tough Talk and a Tough God!



Bobby Night was the NCAA coach of Indiana. I remember coach Night getting so mad that he threw a chair right into the middle of the court. Now let me ask you something... If you played for Bobby Night and You decided you were gonna give only about 30% of your ability how long do you think it would take before Coach night would tell  you about it? 3min? 5 Min? Imagine I gave coach night 30% of my ability... What’s he going do when the game was over? Is gonna Run up and give me a hug? Luther that 30% performance was just wonderful! No!

Listen! A Lot of people think Jesus is gonna just run up and give them a hug too! Can you imagine?? Luther that 30% effort you put forth during your life, Come give me a hug Luther. That’s my huggy God. My huggy Jesus, A lot of False gods out there. And the real Jesus isn’t one of them!!


IF YOU’RE GOING TO A CHURCH LIKE with this view of lazyness and sin STOP and LEAVE.



This artical is by no means an exhaustive treatment on Christ but more a pragmatic and philosophical look into a little of Christ's nature! 

2 comments:

  1. *** (2Corinthians 11:4) For if someone comes along and preaches another Jesus than the one we preached, or should you receive a different spirit from the one you received or a different gospel from the one you accepted; you are All Too willing to Listen.
    ...
    “Which ‘Jesus’ is your ‘Jesus’ – 101” …Blog.
    http://truth459.blogspot.com/2010/12/which-jesus-is-your-jesus-101-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always encouraged when I see Christians blogging to meaningful things like these.

      Delete